APS has partnered with 24 Hour Fitness and Gold's Gym to offer discounts to staff members. Please check out these links to find out how to sign up!
As a district, we lost 3,395 pounds during our 2015 Biggest Loser Challenge! Congratulations to Kenneth Sutton from Vista Peak who was the overall winner losing 26.5% of his body weight! Second place was Tara Collister from Aurora Hills shedding 20.3% of her weight. Third place went to Tyler Hettich who lost 17.2% of his body weight.
The top ten teams:
1. Aurora Hills Bountiful Beauties lost 160 pounds (8.6%)
2. Wheeling Weight Loss Winners lost 120.9 pounds (7.26%)
3. North Melting Ice Caps lost 122.4 pounds (6.85%)
4. Boston PHAT Club lost 140 pounds (6.17%)
5. Fletcher Drop It Like It's Hot lost 136.5 pounds (5.98%)
6. Vista Peak Weight Loss Warriors lost 152 pounds (5.91%)
7. Kenton Weight Whoopers lost 88.3 pounds (5.65%)
8. Lansing Lithe Ladies lost 76.2 pounds (5.51%)
9. Jewell Shrinking Sisters lost 82.6 pounds (5.38%)
10. Gateway Fluff-A-Nators lost 129.5 pounds (5.33%)
Congratulations to all those that participated!
Bokwa is Back!
We will be doing one more Bokwa instructor training in the fall of 2015. Training is free, and if you need a sub, it's paid for! Check out www.bokwafitness.com to find out more. Or call the Healthy Schools Coordinator, Erica Campbell at 303-365-7813 ext. 28515 if you are interested in becoming a certified instructor!
Get Paid to P.O.P.
We are looking for staff members to hold physical opportunity programs (P.O.P.) before, after or during school. A grant received from Kaiser Permanente allows us to pay teachers for holding programs that gets kids moving! Please call Erica N Campbell at x28515
Click here to find classes, discounts, and other staff wellness initiatives offered by APS!