Mental and Emotional Health
- PassageWorks SMART in Education: Mindfulness training for educators
- Employee Assistance Program: Find financial, counseling services, childcare, and employee disco
unts (Username: Aurora Schools. Password: eap)
Anschutz Health and Wellness Center, UnitedHealthcare and Aurora Public Schools has teamed up to offer APS staff another session of State of Slim. This 16-week program helps participants lose weight and keep it off by boosting their metabolism. An informa
tion session will take place on Thursday, Augu
st 4th from 4:00-5:00 at the PLCC La Plata room. The PLCC is located at 15771 E. 1st Ave. Aurora, CO 80011. Those attending the information session will have first priority for joining the program.
Contact Erica Riedlin (email@example.com) if you would like to learn more about the program
Weigh and Win is a FREE program that pays you to achieve a healthy weight and is available to you, your family, and friends. Weigh and Win provides you with:
o Join for Free: Join the free program at WeighandWin.com.
o Daily Support: Personalized healthy eating and physical activity coaching by email or text. Includes daily meal and exercise plans!
o Track Your Progress: Photographed quarterly weigh-ins taken at private kiosks located convenientlythroughout the community.
o Success Rewarded: Receive quarterly cash rewards for weight improvement and maintenance. Plus,monthly prize drawings for program participation.
Weigh and Win’s method of helping you slowly incorporate more nutrition and physical activity into your dailylifestyle will allow you to achieve and maintain a healthier weight and lifestyle. The program works – theaverage weight improvement after one year is an 8% weight improvement. For more information and to join,visit WeighandWin.com.
The APS Kiosk is located in the Professional Learning and Conference Center (PLCC) located at 15771 E. 1st Ave. Aurora, CO 80011. Go to the back of the building by all windows. If kiosk is not working, please contact Erica Riedlin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-365-7813 ext. 28515
As a district, we lost 1,714 pounds during 2016 Biggest Loser! Congratulations to this years winner, Megan Killoran from Boston K-8 who shredded 14.29% of her body weight off! Second place went to Diana Picconi of Boston K-8 who lost 12.46%, and third place going to Barb Stembel from Nutrition Services who lost 12.18%!
The top ten teams:
1. Laredo Losers 6.33% weight loss
2. Clyde Miller, 5.48% weight loss
3. Aurora West: Dude, Where's My Gut, 4.95% weight loss
4. Nutrition Services, Nut House, 4.93% weight loss
5. Team Boston, 4.64% weight loss
6. Health Services, Fit or Fat, 4.35% weight loss
7. Aurora West, Starvin' Spartans 4.31% weight loss
8. Aurora Hills, 4.26% weight loss
9. Aurora West, The Real Slim Sh(l)adies, 4.06% weight loss
10. Jewll Diamonds in the Rough, 4.02% weight loss
Congratulations to all those that participated!
Click here to find classes, discounts, and other staff wellness initiatives offered by APS!