Aurora Public Schools is committed to the health and well-being of it's employees. We understand that in order for staff to take care of our students, we need to take care of our staff. Below are resources for the components of health and wellness offered through our partners.
APS has partnered with three different gyms that offer corporate discounts. Mention APS employment when signing up and bring district badge.
- 24 Hour Fitness: $0.00 initiation fee, $29.99/month (All Club Sport) $39.99/month (All Club Super Sport) $74.99/month (All Club Ultra Sport)
- Gold's Gym: $11.95 biweekly dues
- Inspire Fitness: $0.00 initiation fee, $10/month dues
- campGladiator: discount depends on number of employees enrolled. Find out more by clicking on the link.
- Contact Cristin Miles for current pricing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental and Emotional Health
- PassageWorks SMART in Education: Mindfulness training for educators
- Employee Assistance Program: Find financial, counseling services, childcare, and employee discounts (Username: Aurora Schools. Password: eap)
As a district, we lost 3,395 pounds during our 2015 Biggest Loser Challenge! Congratulations to Kenneth Sutton from Vista Peak who was the overall winner losing 26.5% of his body weight! Second place was Tara Collister from Aurora Hills shedding 20.3% of her weight. Third place went to Tyler Hettich who lost 17.2% of his body weight.
The top ten teams:
1. Aurora Hills Bountiful Beauties lost 160 pounds (8.6%)
2. Wheeling Weight Loss Winners lost 120.9 pounds (7.26%)
3. North Melting Ice Caps lost 122.4 pounds (6.85%)
4. Boston PHAT Club lost 140 pounds (6.17%)
5. Fletcher Drop It Like It's Hot lost 136.5 pounds (5.98%)
6. Vista Peak Weight Loss Warriors lost 152 pounds (5.91%)
7. Kenton Weight Whoopers lost 88.3 pounds (5.65%)
8. Lansing Lithe Ladies lost 76.2 pounds (5.51%)
9. Jewell Shrinking Sisters lost 82.6 pounds (5.38%)
10. Gateway Fluff-A-Nators lost 129.5 pounds (5.33%)
Congratulations to all those that participated!
Bokwa is Back!
We will be doing one more Bokwa instructor training in the fall of 2015. Training is free, and if you need a sub, it's paid for! Check out www.bokwafitness.com to find out more. Or call the Healthy Schools Coordinator, Erica Campbell at 303-365-7813 ext. 28515 if you are interested in becoming a certified instructor!
Get Paid to P.O.P.
We are looking for staff members to hold physical opportunity programs (P.O.P.) before, after or during school. A grant received from Kaiser Permanente allows us to pay teachers for holding programs that gets kids moving! Please call Erica N Campbell at x28515
Click here to find classes, discounts, and other staff wellness initiatives offered by APS!