Aurora Public Schools is committed to the health and well-being of it's employees. We understand that in order for staff to take care of our students, we need to take care of our staff. Below are resources for the components of health and wellness offered through our partners.
- State of Slim. SIGN UP NOW!! This science based program is designed to help their participants lose weight and finally keep it off. It works by reigniting, rebuilding and reinforcing your metabolism. In this class, you will acquire a "tool belt" of skills to help you change the way you feel about weight loss.
The class is starting on Tuesday August 22nd at ESC4 (located at Peoria and 11th) from 4:30-5:30. Please contact Erica Riedlin at email@example.com if you would like more information or to sign up!
- Inspire Fitness (Located at the intersection of 6th Avenue and Centertech Prkwy)
Mention APS employment to have enrollment fee waived.
$10/month, no contract.
- 24 Hour Fitness—All Sport locations
No initiation fee. $29.99 a month. Mention APS employment
- CampGladiator—multiple locations
Award winning outdoor boot-camp. $65/month Mention APS employment. Price depends on number of APS employees signed up in program!
- For current pricing contact Jewel Shoaga at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mile High Fitness— Will come and provide lunch and learns to your building/ department. Topics range from “the Facts on Fat” to “Kill Procrastination” If interested in having a lunch and learn, please contact Erica Riedlin.
- Walk2Connect—Walk2Connect provides whole-health outcomes through connection-based walking programs in and around Colorado. Check out the website for locations.
*Saturday's @8:30am Aurora Amble with Donna McClary. A 90 minute stroll from Aurora Public Library around the Highline and West Gate Toll trails. More info and RSVP here.
*Wednesday's @4:45 Aurora Loop Sunset Walk. A 60 minute, unwind at the end of the day stroll starting from Del Mar Park to the Highline and back. More info coming soon.
- PassageWorks SMART in Education - This 20 hour program is available to all APS staff for $50 (normally $175). The program involves experiential activities in mindfulness including meditation, emotional awareness and movement. Fall classes will start on September 13th at Elkhart Elementary. More info here.